When it’s time for retirement or semi-retirement, active adults often prefer to downsize and transition to a senior apartment in an independent living community.
If that is an option you are considering, you’ll be glad to know that most who do make the transition enjoy their accustomed independent standard of living without the burden of homeownership. That means no more lawn care, exterior maintenance or home repair, or the costs for taxes and upkeep. It also means living in a community where the opportunities to enjoy your best life are offered onsite, including signature programs and amenities, vibrant social community and enhanced peace of mind.
Those best suited to life in a senior independent living apartment are seniors who enjoy an active lifestyle and who prefer to live in a community of peers. Living in an independent living apartment means you’ll have the freedom to come and go as you wish and the peace of mind that comes with living in a secure community. If you want choices in how to live your retirement and the freedom to explore new opportunities, an independent living apartment could be a great choice for you.
What Are Senior Apartments?Senior independent living apartments at Elmcroft offer a host of options for gracious living. Choose from an array of communities across the country. You’ll have your choice of apartment open floor plans in a multitude of sizes, and you can often customize finishes to suit your taste.
Best of all, you can count on these types of amenities available in Elmcroft independent senior living apartments:
- Professionally designed common spaces: Living in an Elmcroft community means you can call much more than your apartment “home.” You’ll enjoy all the common areas, inside and out, which are professionally designed to be welcoming and comfortable.
- Restaurant-style dining: Cook only when you want to. For those times when you’d rather eat out, count on restaurant-style dining onsite and casual dining events too, like outdoor picnics and barbecues. Plenty of choices are offered at each meal, from original culinary creations to traditional dishes. Plus, we mix it up regularly with special theme parties and chef challenges to keep the mealtime experience fresh, new and exciting. Enjoy service from courteous waitstaff and the fellowship with your Elmcroft neighbors.
- Social amenities: Living in an Elmcroft independent living apartment means you can take advantage of all the social amenities of your community, like clubhouse events, fitness center and pool, library and onsite entertainment and social events.
- Professional staff: Our 24-hour resident care staff, culinary staff, housekeeping personnel and activities coordinators are completely devoted to making our residents happy and at home.
- Housekeeping service: Less work means more joy. That’s why cleaning, linen and laundry service are all included at Elmcroft senior living apartments.
- Signature programs: Our Vitality Club, Walking Tall and Second Wind Dreams signature programs are specially designed to enhance the health, wellness and independence of our residents.
- 24-Hour security: Elmcroft communities feature 24-hour security staff plus extra peace of mind: most of our independent living apartments have a 24-hour medical alert and emergency response system.
The cost of an independent living apartment will vary depending upon the location of the community, size of the apartment and amenities that are offered. But many seniors find that an independent living apartment is a budget-friendly option for retirement.
Who Can Live in a Senior Apartment?
Seniors often have many questions about independent living. Independent living apartment communities are designed for those who are typically 55 years or older and who can manage their own activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing and taking medications. Those considering independent living will learn this is an ideal move for active older adults who no longer want the responsibility of home maintenance, who enjoy living with other senior adults and who appreciate the amenities that are featured in these communities.
Unlike independent living, an assisted living community provides care for those who may require support with everyday activities, but who do not need the level of skilled care that is provided in a nursing home.
Independent Senior Living at Elmcroft
Ready to learn more about independent living apartments at Elmcroft? Find a community near you to learn more about floor plans, amenities and more.